Interior Design Intern
Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate interior design student or post grad that wants to excel in the industry and gain invaluable hands on experience in the field.
Seeking an intern that is dedicated, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who works well in fast paced and constantly varying environment - with a drive to take on multiple responsibilities. Must be open to learning the Intuitive design process.
Dombri Design is a full service interior design firm located in downtown Toronto. It is a dynamic, quickly growing company with a focus on the Intuitive Design process.
I believe the design process is a journey and take on the role of guiding my clients through the process. All of my projects are designed from an intuitively curious place. We guide our clients through the design process connecting them with the soul of the space. I love to create mindfully curated, beautiful balanced spaces.
Our projects range from retail, hospitality, commercial offices and residential projects. Our latest projects include a Toronto Music Label’s Office, Residential full house renovations and infills, Live Music Event Spaces and a Queen Street Bar.
I am very mindful of the energetic component of design and striking an artful balance between style, comfort and functionality. Resulting in homes and working environments that are balanced to the senses and fully highlight their potential while setting the stage for deep, meaningful connections.
• Assist Lead Designer to craft and execute design projects
• Conduct research for design proposal
• Assist in producing 2D and 3D design drawings on AutoCad, Chief Architect
• Assist in creating mood board presentation in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Assist with site measuring, site visits, sub-trade coordination, communication with representatives and vendors, coordinating installations, sourcing delivery
• Complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline
• Social Media Posting
• Studying in Interior Design
• Rendering abilities
• Quick learner
• Well organized and systems oriented
• You must have the ability to create technical drawings that clearly communicate construction details that can be used for construction
• Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of space planning
• A team player, problem solver, able to multi-task, highly efficient, detailed and organized, dependable and flexible
• A desire to learn the Intuitive Design Process
The right candidate will be both energetically aware and business focused. They will have a strong desire to learn from a boss babe and be self motivated to excel. A desire to look beyond the obvious and get curious about how energy plays a role in our lives and design.
Candidate must be proficient in the following design software:
• AutoCad 2D and 3D
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Preferred-Chief Architect Rendering or equivalent
This internship provides you with a chance to experience the amazing day-to day responsibilities in the Interior Design industry working along side a female entrepreneur!
• Interior Design: 1 year (preferred)
Paid internship for 4 months
All resumes and portfolio can be forwarded to Please include a cover letter, I want to get to know YOU as a person as well as a designer. I’d love to see a list of your favourite hobbies and your favourite song!